Schedule is from 9 am – 4PM
Summer Camp Rates
|Need Extended Care (extra 1 hour)?
From 4-5 pm
Camp sessions are available on a first come first serve basis. Secure your registration as soon as possible.
- $150 PER-SESSION, non-refundable deposit is due to secure a place in the program. Early Bird Rates rates require payment in full upon registration.
- Late Fee….A $75 late fee is applied to unpaid balances postmarked after June 1st. Balances not paid in full are subject to cancellation of enrollment. A $35 fee will be assessed for each returned check.
- Changes….A $15 per session change fee is charged for each session switched. Changes must be requested in writing
- Deposits are non-refundable
- 75% refund…April 16-30
- 50% refund…May 1-15
- 25% refund…May 16-31
- 0% refund… all tuition is non-refundable after June 1st
About the Program and What Kids Do:
Schedule is from 9 am – 4PM. Extended Care from 4-5PM is available.
You can register for as many sessions as you like. Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
An excellent summer program for both Girls and Boys! CSTL’s Discovery Summer Camp gives your child an opportunity to have fun while learning. The camp engages children in hands-on investigations and fun experiments all summer long. Campers bring their ideas to life by designing projects, building and constructing, and using their imaginations to invent. The camp also includes activities in art, music, team activities and challenges, and special events.. This exploratory way of learning gets kids involved and excited about their ideas.
- 4-12 years of age
- All day program! 9am-4pm, closed Sat. & Sun.
We do science and nature experiments and explorations. We have a staff of educators and scientists. The common theme is to make science learning fun through experimentation, explorations, hands-on experiments, and engineering.
We often explore the woods, ponds, and stream ecosystems. We discover living things, collect them, examine them closely, and learn about their importance to living systems. You will often see teachers taking their classes to scoop things out of the pond, wading in the streams to experiment with hydrology, or carrying jars to collect things they find. Teachers show kids the relationships between living and non-living things. Through thought provoking questions we aim to get your child thinking and asking questions of their own. Through conversation and discovery we hope your child learns while having fun.
- We also conduct engineering projects like building boats, bridges, solar cookers, simple circuits, and roller coasters to name a few projects.
- We conduct chemistry, physics, earth science, zoology, botany explorations, insect and macro-organism discoveries.
- We have field day which is a casual event of water related fun and old fashion country-styled relay races like an egg toss, water balloon toss and ice cream parties, special science shows and presentations.
The end of every camp session concludes with a day filled with classic relay races and team based challenges, egg toss, water balloon toss, bucket brigade, monster volcano making, rocket launching, ice cream sundae party, and so much more.
“I don’t understand why anyone brings their kids to any other camp” -Megan English, mother of Olivia (age 6).
Medical Fitness and Medications:
- CSTL does not administer any medication on behalf of the parents, legal guardians, or doctors of the enrolled child. Epi-pens must be carried on the child in a fanny pack at all times and campers must know how to self administer his or her own epi-pen in the event of an emergency.
- Your child must be medically fit as a prerequisite to participation in the camp’s activities.
- Our counselors and group leaders do not have any training for special needs students/campers.
- Falsifying any enrollment, medical fitness, or registration documents will result in removal from the program without refund.
Other Important Information:
- Payment in full, upon registration, is required for Early Bird Rate.
- Non-Early Bird Deposit…A $150 PER-SESSION, non-refundable deposit is due to secure a place in the program.
- Late Fee….A $75 late fee is applied to unpaid balances postmarked after June 11. Balances not paid in full by June 11, are subject to cancellation of enrollment. A $35 fee will be assessed for each returned check.
- Changes….A $15 per session change fee is charged for each session switched. Changes must be requested in writing.
- Parents are responsible for providing snack, lunch, and transportation.
- CSTL will take and use photographs for its publicity and marketing purposes (no names used).
- CSTL reserves the sole and exclusive right to dismiss students for improper behavior, either by the camper, their siblings, or their parent(s). Reasons would include (but are not limited to): persistent incivility to staff or students, or misuse of materials.
- CSTL is not responsible for any damaged, lost, or stolen property.
- Your child will be exposed to group activities and activities that may be new to your child.
- Your child must be medically fit as a prerequisite to my child’s participation in the camp’s activities
- Sandals are not allowed. the children spend time walking through the woods and engaging in activities that require a sure footing.
- Bring Lunch and a snack
- Put sunscreen or other sprays you feel are necessary, before each days arrival to the program. We do not administer sunscreen.
- Put your child’s name on their lunch bag or other articles of clothing.
- CSTL Summer staff cannot provide one-on-one supervision and are not trained for children with special needs.
- CSTL can not guarantee class placement of your child according to special requests.