CSTL is following all CDC and NYS guidelines so that your child is safe while having fun!
For Ages 4-12
Registration is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS
|Schedule is from 9AM – 4PM||
Need Extended Care (extra 1 hour)?
|Session A – (1 week)
June 22 – June 26
NOTE: Many Public schools are still in session
|Session B (2 weeks)
June 29 – July 10
|Session C (2 weeks)
July 13 – 24
|Session D (2 weeks)
July 27 – Aug. 7
|Session E (2 weeks)
Aug. 10 – 21
|Session F (1 week)
Aug. 24 – 28
|Session G (1 week)
Aug 31 – Sept 4
Discovery Program sessions are available on a first come first serve basis. Secure your registration as soon as possible.
- Deposits are non-refundable
- 75% refund…April 16-30
- 50% refund…May 1-15
- 25% refund…May 16-31
- 0% refund… all tuition is non-refundable after June 1st
About the Program and What Kids Do:
For Ages 4-12
Schedule is from 9AM-4PM. Extended Care is available until 5PM.
You can register for as many sessions as you like. Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
An excellent summer program for both Girls and Boys! CSTL’s Discovery Summer Program gives your child an opportunity to have fun while learning. The program engages children in hands-on investigations and fun experiments all summer long. Kids bring their ideas to life by designing projects, building and constructing, and using their imaginations to invent. The program also includes activities in art, music, team activities and challenges, and special events. This exploratory way of learning gets kids involved and excited about their ideas.
- 4-12 years of age
- All day program! Weekdays from 9AM-4PM, Closed Weekends
We do science and nature experiments and explorations. We have a staff of educators and scientists. The common theme is to make science learning fun through experimentation, explorations, hands-on activities, and engineering.
We often explore the woods, ponds, and stream ecosystems. We discover living things, collect them, examine them closely, and learn about their importance to living systems. You will often see teachers taking their classes to scoop samples out of the pond, wading in the streams to experiment with hydrology, or carrying jars to collect things they find. Teachers show kids the relationships between living and non-living things. Through thought provoking questions, we aim to get your child thinking and asking questions of their own. Through conversation and discovery we hope your child learns while having fun.
- We also conduct engineering projects like building boats, bridges, solar cookers, simple circuits, and roller coasters to name a few projects.
- We conduct chemistry, physics, earth science, zoology, botany explorations, insect and macro-organism discoveries.
Medical Fitness and Medications:
- CSTL does not administer any medication on behalf of the parents, legal guardians, or doctors of the enrolled child. Epipens must be carried on the child in a fanny pack at all times and campers must know how to self administer his or her own epipen in the event of an emergency.
- Your child must be medically fit as a prerequisite to participation in the camp’s activities.
- Our counselors and group leaders do not have any training for special needs students/campers.
- Falsifying any enrollment, medical fitness, or registration documents will result in removal from the program without refund.
Other Important Information:
- Payment in full, upon registration, is required.
- A $35 fee will be assessed for each returned check.
- Changes….A $15 per session change fee is charged for each session switched. Changes must be requested in writing.
- Parents are responsible for providing snack, lunch, and transportation.
- CSTL will take and use photographs for its publicity and marketing purposes (no names used).
- CSTL reserves the sole and exclusive right to dismiss students for improper behavior, either by the child, their siblings, or their parent(s). Reasons would include (but are not limited to): persistent incivility to staff or students, or misuse of materials.
- CSTL is not responsible for any damaged, lost, or stolen property.
- Your child will be exposed to group activities and activities that may be new to your child.
- Your child must be medically fit as a prerequisite to my child’s participation in the activities
- Sandals are not allowed. the children spend time walking through the woods and engaging in activities that require a sure footing.
- Bring Lunch and a snack
- Put sunscreen or other sprays you feel are necessary, before each days arrival to the program. We do not administer sunscreen.
- Put your child’s name on their lunch bag or other articles of clothing.
- CSTL Summer staff cannot provide one-on-one supervision and are not trained for children with special needs.
- CSTL can not guarantee class placement of your child according to special requests.
Counselor In Training (CIT) Program:
If you have been a previous attendee and aspire to becoming a teachers assistant then apply here. The program is great way for previous attendees to get an idea of what it’s like to be a teachers assistant. CIT’s will typically do many things such as motivate kids, Make sure all kids are participating and happy, help arrange supplies, and help students line up or get ready for activities.