As I hope most/all of you have heard by now, the 2020 NSPC Health Science Competition has been moved to a virtual fair due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. We have been so looking forward to this event for so long, and it pains us to make this decision, but it is undeniably the best decision for the health and safety of all. I hope you can all understand this! Below is a list of everything that will be required to be done, and this will be emailed to all Teams and Adult Sponsors as well!
For the Competition, students will be tasked with the following to enter:
- Teams will create a Google Site and upload everything required onto it via Google Drive
- This is fairly straightforward to do and you will be provided with detailed instructions soon.
- You will need a free Google account to do this. School Google accounts may have content sharing restrictions on them, so you will need to create a new one if that is the only Google account you have.
- Depending on your knowledge of Google’s online platform, it will take between 30 minutes to 2 hours to create the site, though I am sure a majority will finish in well under an hour.
- Image of the poster board/digital poster board OR a PowerPoint/Google Slides of 20 slides at most
- You may submit up to 2 images of your poster board i.e. top half and bottom half
- If you already possess a poster board and can print your information, then you can certainly use this traditional method. However, as acquiring one may be difficult at this time, you are more than welcome to create a PowerPoint/Google Slides presentation to upload instead.
- A video of a maximum length of 10 minutes explaining your work in which you must be seen
- You are not required to be seen the entire time, but you must show face so we know it is you that is speaking.
- All applicable forms
So that is it. I promise creating the site on Google is much easier than you may think, and then once you submit you are all set! Projects are still due by May 27, and the winners will be announced on Monday, June 15th. More information on that will follow soon! In the meantime, work hard and stay safe!