The 2022 NSPC Brain & Spine Surgery
Health Science Competition will be in-person!
- This year we will be meeting again in-person! We are extremely excited for this to happen; there is nothing quite like seeing hundreds of bright young students present in the same location! This is of course contingent on current COVID levels allowing a safe atmosphere, and we will be keeping a close eye on the situation as we progress through the year.
- The challenge is simple: experiment and test any innovation in health science. It does not matter the level or the field, so long as it fits under the health science umbrella, entering as a competitor is allowed and encouraged.
- How to compete
- Any high school student that fits the geographic criteria is allowed to enter in a Team of 1-3 members. Registration begins October 12th, 2021 at 12:00:00 PM EST at www.cstl.org/nspc, and teams must register by April 22, 2022 at 4:00:00 PM EST. Late registration will not be allowed under almost any circumstances, and only then at the sole discretion of the administrator of the competition.
- There will be a $30 dollar non-refundable registration fee per team that may be paid at the time of registration, or mailed in via check, money order, or purchase order. Schools may pay for all Teams once they have signed up by requesting an invoice from the administrator.
- Teams must then fill out the proper forms that are detailed in the rules, and found under the Rules & Forms tab.
- If a virtual event becomes necessary due to COVID: Teams create a website they will upload a digital poster board or < 20 slide presentation, 10 minute maximum video and applicable forms to, which will be scored by area medical professionals
- Instructions on website creation and submission are available on the Forms, Rules & Regulations page
- Students will compete for $80,000 in score based awards. The exact breakdown of prizes can be found at www.cstl.org/nspc/hsc-prizes/