The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon is an award-winning program that challenges collegiate teams to design, build, and operate solar-powered houses that are cost-effective, energy-efficient, and attractive. The winner of the competition is the team that best blends affordability, consumer appeal, and design excellence with optimal energy production and maximum efficiency.
For 2017, the competition in Denver will be bigger than ever! Included events are:
- Welcome reception
- Opening event
- Education Days for middle school students and professional development for teachers
- Visitor days for the public
- Judging of solar homes
- Closing awards ceremony
- Energetics – a DC based energy company
- D & R International – a DC based consumer marketing company
- Center for Science Teaching and Learning – a NY based non-profit educational organization
Get Involved! Contact Dr. Ray Ann Havasy at 516-764-0045 or at RayAnn@cstl.org to find out more.